University Central of Ashdod

© 2015 UCEA Copyright .—Jewish State of Israel

In 1999, UCEA was recognized by the Panamanian Government when the United States Government transferred  the Panama Canal Zone to the Panamanian Government. We were recognized by articulation agreement by the “Universidad de Panama”. University Central of Ashdod became an autonomous faith-based higher institution. 


The University Central of Ashdod is recognized by Jewish Commission on Education (JCE) to

award baccalaureate, master and doctoral programs. JCE accreditation is the benchmark for students and employers

that ensures the integrity of undergraduate and graduate education. Now, the University Central of Ashdod is part of Hebrew University System and well as Hebrew College and Panama Canal College.



Jewish Educational Foundation ( and Hebrew College Foundation provide

tuition scholarships and grants to our students, faculty and the community at-large.



For further information, you may contact:

University President Jody Garbe

University Central of Ashdod Mission Statement

הצהרה של שליחות של אכאה
אכאה מחנך ומאתגר סטודנטים להתפתח באופן שכלי
ובאופן מוסרי, לחפש חכמה וצדק, ולהתכונן להקפדות
של לחיות ועובדים כ/כפי שאזרחים מודעים לאחרויות
הגלובליות שלהם. אנחנו מקדמים את יהדות לסטודנטים
שלנו וקהילות שלהם. אנחנו מחבקים חינוך ומסמיכים
את הסטודנטים שלנו להעשות אחיות , ספקים רפואיים
ופרופסיונלי בריאות בעלים ברית אחרים

  Our History

The Panama Canal College (PCC) was established in 1935 in the Panama Canal Zone to serve the servicemembers of the United States of America.  It was chaptered under the United States Panama Canal Authority in 1935 and received regionally accredited status.


In 1958, a division of the Panama Canal College was renamed as Ashdod University.  Dr. Yoval Gorovitz and Mrs. Natalia Simpson’s dreams were to establish a Jewish Higher Learning Institution to  dedicate to the Arts and Humanities and  to educate students in the horror of the Holocaust. They received the support of the Jewish  Education Foundation to provide classes  to Jews and Non-Jews alike in the Canal Zone.